Enable and Disable Recently Opened Documents in Windows 7
Windows stores a list of most recently opened Items. This feature can
be very helpful for some users, for others it can be a privacy matter.
You can Enable and Disable as follow:
1. Right-click on Windows start button and choose “Properties”.
2. In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, click on “Start Menu” tab.
3. In the Privacy section, make sure “Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and taskbar” option is checked (By default this option remains “ON”).
4. Click the “Customize” button.
5. In the Customize Start Menu window, scroll down to “Recent Items” Place a check mark to turn it ON.
6. You can also set the number of Recent Items to display in the list ( As shown in above image).
7. Click “OK”
Check you Start Menu you should the Recent Items listed.